What you’ll need:
- Tape measure (at least 36 inches/90 cm long)
- Pen and paper
- STP series inseam guide (see below)
- Have your rider stand with their back and heels against the wall. Make sure their legs are straight.
- Using their fingtertip, ask the rider to find their hipbone. Have them hold their finger on that spot.
- Have the rider lift their knee to a 90-degree angle, while maintaining a finger on their hip joint. Slowly and repeatedly have them lift and lower their knee to confirm the location of their hip joint; this is the pivot location.
- Once the spot is confirmed, have the rider place their finger on the pivot location, and lower their leg to the straight position.